Blue Distinction® Centers for Maternity Care Designation
The Blue Distinction Centers (BDC) designation signifies that your facility’s maternity program met nationally established criteria by demonstrating expertise in delivering quality specialty care, safely and effectively. Those facilities designated as Blue Distinction Centers+ (BDC+) also demonstrated both expertise and cost efficiency in delivering specialty care.
Truven 100 Top Hospital (Major Teaching Hospitals) Award
St. Luke’s University Hospital
This award identifies the nation’s best providers for inpatient hospital care selected from more than 3,000 hospitals. The 100 Top hospitals achieve the following:
- Significantly higher survival, fewer complications, lower hospital readmissions, lower hospital length of stay, greater patient satisfaction and lower cost of care.
- St. Luke’s University Hospital is a 6-time recipient of this prestigious award, and is 1 of 15 major teaching hospitals in the nation to be named a 100 Top hospital.
- Truven Health Analytics, an IBM Company, is a multinational Health Care company that delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks, research and services to the health care industry.
Women’s Choice Award® as One of America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics
St. Luke’s University Health Network’s Allentown and Bethlehem campuses have received Women’s Choice Awards® for being among America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics. This evidence-based designation is the only award that identifies the country’s best healthcare institutions based on robust criteria that consider female patient satisfaction, clinical excellence, and what women say they want from a hospital.
The list of over 400 award winners, including St. Luke’s, represents hospitals that offer exceptional obstetric services which ranked above the national average for patient safety, thereby supporting a woman’s decision when choosing the best for her maternity needs.
March of Dimes Recognizes St. Luke’s University Health Network
March of Dimes Announces St. Luke’s as the First National NICU Site of the Year for 2015
- Recognizes the breadth and depth of work done by a NICU Family Support program in five key areas: high quality and innovative services to families, strong collaboration with the hospital partner, local and national promotion of the program, integration of families and volunteers throughout the program, and demonstrating program impact
- St. Luke’s Level III NICU (the highest level of NICU care offered in the Lehigh Valley region) is located in St. Luke’s University Hospital – Bethlehem, and St. Luke’s Allentown Campus offers a Level II NICU
- St. Luke’s Neonatologist Dr. Kimberly Costello recognized as "Doctor of the Year" by March of Dimes for 2015
- St. Luke’s NICU nurse Karen Metzger recognized as " Nurse of the Year" by March of Dimes for 2015